Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

The Sign Post Up Ahead

Sometimes gifts come from the most unlikely places. The book I'm reading for business was one of them. I know the book is suppose to help, but I wasn't expecting it to help with my problem with changes. The E-Myth Physician spends and entire chapter on change.

Growing up in an unstable household with unstable adults makes me fear change since it never means anything good. Even when I was with my ex and I was miserable there was some comfort in knowing what was going to happen. The unknown was minimized. However without change true happiness can't happen.

What I got most out of the chapter were all the positive things that happen with change instead of just the absence of the negative which I usually use. There analogy was that you are contracted when you are resistant to change and open with the opposite. It's true. When I resist change I feel like a little kid holding something tight so it can't be looked at. Hopefully with a positive attitude of change I can rejoice when it comes around since I work so hard for it to happen.

1 people had cathartic therapy:

I had an unstable childhood to a degree, but my parents could not control that and did their best with what they were presented with at the time, considering their own limitations(and we all have those..). I grew up liking change, and welcoming it,in most cases. Without taking advantage of it, I feel I'd be left thinking I had weathered a string of missed opportunities, but that would have been my own fault for not being open enough to take them on, take them in(to change).

I don't think you do so badly with change, since I believe most people that hate it would not be running their own medical practice, since every day is a little mystery doing that, & lots of this change up all the time. You might be doing a whole lot better than you give yourself credit for. ~Mary

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails