Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

Some Thoughts

Sitting around the house last night I realized the biggest thing I'm sad about with the Planner is that I was looking forward to celebrating my birthday and the holidays this year with someone special. There are people I can hang with this year if I don't want to be alone, but it's not the same. So I went through all my grieving again last night and feel better today.

Eric called me last night upset and I got to be a father which always helps my mood. One of his friends asked who he was for in the presidential race. Eric said McCain. His friend said why because he's white? Eric was upset that his friend attacked him on it. So we talked on it. I shared with him how painful it is to have people who are our friends hurt us. We don't expect it to come from them. I validated his feelings. Afterwards he didn't have much to say. I'll call him later to see how he is doing.

It's a washout for today for the singles hike so I'm trying to get a game of pool going, but with last minute changes you never know with the group.

1 people had cathartic therapy:

Eric is young so he can't really be "for" a candidate yet. He can, however, repeat what he hears from his parents. Which is what we all do, of course. Only when he is older will he have his own opinions, and reasons for those, and they might not be in agreement with yours.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails