Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

On Farting

I guess I worded it wrong. I didn't fart all night with Tech girl. That's why I felt it the next morning.

I found this on Match.com magazine. A questionnaire to see if your date is relationship worthy.

And how do you figure out if a prospective mate’s character is up for it? Answer the following questions honestly, and you’ll save yourself a lot of time by avoiding the wrong partner.
  • Is your date kind, respectful and appropriately generous to waiters/waitresses, bus drivers, sales clerks, etc.?
  • Has he or she confessed to any immoral behavior: Cheating, stealing, lying, inappropriate aggression? If so, how much reflection on this and desire to change has this person shown since then?
  • Does the person you’re dating have any addictions: Drinking, gambling, shopping? Does he or she want to change—and is he or she working to make change happen?
  • Does he or she have a lot of lasting friendships or hardly any?
  • Does your date always tell stories about bad dynamics he or she experiences with other people? Or does he or she seem to get along easily, even swimmingly, with others?
  • Does your sweetie comment on news stories with a sense of empathy and awareness, or is he or she low on expressing compassion for all that is going on in this world?
  • Have you witnessed your date doing small acts of kindness (leaving a very big tip for no apparent reason, helping someone with his or her shopping bags)?
  • Does this person donate time, money and energy to good causes or charities?
  • Does your date value self-growth—and show this by being open to hearing your grievances, accepting responsibility for problems when merited, and sharing with you how much he or she values learning lessons in life?
  • Does he or she truly value open communication and know how to listen? When you’re upset or need nurturing, does this person deal with the problem at the speed of life or shut down/stonewall/attack/condescend? A relationship will survive not based on how well you get along but by how well you don’t get along. A couple is only as strong as how well the two individuals can deal with their weakest moments together.

Now that you know these 10 key criteria, you can focus on dating people with true keeper potential—those who, if you invest in them, will pay you back with a lifetime of rock-solid love.

4 people had cathartic therapy:

Yeah, see, my boyfriend, E, gets positive ratings for all of these. It's amazing how long a relationship can last when so many of these can be ticked off. Okay, he has one addiction, to cigarettes, but I knew that going in, and he's very respectful about it and only smokes outside and away from me. I've learned that can work.

 

That is a very interesting list!!

Will remember next person I find to date!

 

Hi (ex Fairy here - hello) so that's a list you found on Match huh? well seems to me that if only people who fit that list were supposed to be in a relationship, this world would be populated with A LOT of singles!!! like A LOT!!!! because honestly, I haven't met many people fitting this description... and well.. the Dalai Lama doesn't date so much those days does he?

 

ok I was kinda kidding - I am really not that cynical, even though I think that list is totally excessive.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails