Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

The Language of Love

Their are 5 Languages of love. We each do and accept love in distinct ways. While all apply to everyone certain ones hit a stronger cord. The 5 are:
  1. Physical Touch

  2. Quality Time

  3. Gift Giving

  4. Acts of Service

  5. Affirmations

I thought I was physical touch and acts of service both giving and receiving. However the Planner stated that I was a bigger giver of affirmations than I was of service. I had to think about that and had to admit she was right. I use to be a giver of acts of service. It was easier than stating how I felt, but over the last 8 years I've worked hard to be able to verbalize how I feel. While I still like doing I know that saying how I feel is much more important to me in my overall emotional health.

I still thing in receiving I'm a physical touch and acts of service. Touch has always been big with me and I love when the Planner makes me a sandwich. Dinner is nice, but for some reason a sandwich says I love you to me.

How about you what are you?

3 people had cathartic therapy:

For me, it is Physical touch and affirmations...

Do you and The Planner define love in the same way based on those 5 ?

I loved that book, btw... Made so much sense.

 

Annie - I don't know that we had a definition for it. We're both physical that's for sure.

Beatie's book is great.

 

Time is a big thing for me - and touch. Words can be empty, but actions speak for a 1000 words.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails