Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

Mother's Day

It was finally a completely dry day here in Virginia Beach which was a nice change. I went over to visit my Mom for Mother's day. Like an old car I see she still needs to warm up to before she's communicative. Once I got her outside she answered my questions about whether she wanted to sit in the sun or shade. Did she want sunglasses or not? Did she want me to do her nails first or call my brother? So it was nice. I did something I haven't done in a long time with her and that was take a picture. I don't know why I went back upstairs today to get my camera. She's changed so much in the last few years, I like not having hard proof of it. It's probably why I never ask if she knows who I am. In my Mom's usual fashion she fell asleep when I was working on her nails and trying to stretch out her fingers.
As many of you know I'm on Facebook. The newest sensation is Living Social which asks for your Top 5 pick of stuff ie. music, movies, books, etc. One thing I keep getting asked is what are my Top 5 things I would buy if I won the lottery. I have to really admit I'm pretty stumped. I'm not a materialist guy and having objects really doesn't do it for me. Besides a place to live a good DVD is the only thing I can think of. My friends are like cars? I only want a car that doesn't break down and is reliable. So this may take some thought.

Well in 3 days I'll be in the radio and I still have no idea what to say. Since it has no shelf life I have to focus everyone to my website to hopefully capitalize on it.

3 people had cathartic therapy:

I am sorry that your mother forgets who you are sometimes. I couldn't imagine what that's like.

But it touches my heart that you are such a good son and continue to take care of her and stick by her no matter what. That says a lot about your character and I'm sure a lot of people notice that.

I'm sure on some level she knows you're her son and appreciates all you do.

 

I liked seeing a photo of your mother -- I have never seen one -- even if I so understand not capturing all the "aging" negatives that one progresses to so rapidly with the things she struggles with. :) Seems as if it was a good day, all considered.

How long is your radio program, and what topic? I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you can think it through and practice it beforehand, it should be good.

 

It is great that you were able to share this time with your Mom. Take more photos, there will come a day when you will look for them.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails