Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

Cold Rainy Monday

I jinxed myself today. I had a record day going I thought, but I wasn't quite sure. So I looked up my old stats to see if I was correct or not. While looking it up I thought to myself I'm jinxing myself by doing this. However everyone still coming was very solid. What happens? A couple that is always there didn't show. I was pissed. I couldn't believe it didn't happen.

I tell you I hate walking into doctor's offices that perpetuate the stereotypes. Over the last week I've walked into a lot of doctor's offices in my neighborhood in an attempt to have all the businesses work together. Since I'm the doctor I've been doing the medical side while my coach has been doing more of the retail side. I've met some very nice doctors and office managers. I've also met those that didn't really care. However my last stop was very different. It was a mill. Besides that I could smell the sickness in the air, it was just a depressing atmosphere. I talked to the front desk staff and I was told to wait. Then one came to me and told me to have a seat. I knew that was trouble so I stood next to the wall. Psychologically, sitting while the desk people stand puts them in the place of power and I wasn't giving it up. So I stood there and watched them and they avoided my eyes. I knew I was going to get pissed so I gave them 3-5 minutes for there office manager to get to me. Out of about 20 places this was the first one I was treated this way. When I had had it I just walked up and waited to be attended to which took sometime. I gave them my card and told them to call me. Some people just can't break out of the mold of being in control with people that walk in the door.

Lawn boy seems to be settling in. It's a different dynamic in the house will all guys. It's been a long time since I've lived in this kind of situation. Actually it was 15 year ago when I was in college. I tell you I find myself feeling like a pack animal and the need to prove my alpha maleness. It's weird and I don't know how to express it. Women just seem to slip into there separate track. They probably are jockeying amongst themselves. However now I find myself in that position and it's a bit of an eye opener.

3 people had cathartic therapy:

When it's all women, women tend to be on the competitive side as well.

 

Hi Mike,
I hate it when receptionists take the whole "gatekeeper" attitude to an extreme. People like that don't belong in a position where they deal with the public!
Best,
Marty

 

Interesting how some offices and companies are stuck in their old outdated mode of thinking and acting.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails