Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

Life's Tidbits

I was reading the local magazine for the area since they had their annual Sensational Singles article. This was the first time in a while that they didn't ask our group for participants. The interesting thing this year is that I knew many of the people through business. Their were about 20 people ranging in age from mid 20's to late 40's. Now the biggest thing that really stood out to me was the longest relationship question. Only one person said 10 years while everyone else was like 3. Holy shit! Is this is a demographic slice of Americana? This really made me feel a difference between myself and everyone else. My longest relationship was 16 years. Are these people all just light weights? Or are people bailing out of relationships faster instead of working on them? It was just mind boggling to me. Although I have to admit when I talk to people in the singles group, many people had short marriages and the long term ones are few and far between. I guess having it all together there really made me see it.

It was funny this morning to be treating someone while his wife was Facebooking about everything. How do I know? Well we're Facebook friends since we are in a business group together. The age of technology has spread everywhere.

I see that I'll be going by myself to see Harry Potter tonight. It was a very light Internet in seeing it within the group. When there is only one woman and myself usually they drop out at the last minute and that's what happened this time.

5 people had cathartic therapy:

I hope to get married only once and not get divorced.

Who knows why marriages don't last long these days. There are so many reasons.

 

My longest relationship was 3 years, too... And had that relationship not ended a year ago, I would be getting married on Saturday. Weird.

Have fun at HP! We're hitting the Mongolian BBQ for Fab Mama's oldest boy's bday!

 

It's sad but three years is considered reasonable these days

 

Okay fine. So why didnt you marry her?

Hmm?

 

I've been with the same man for 20 years.

(I know, I'm as shocked as you are!)

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails