Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

Culture Shock

As you may or not know I watch a bunch of British TV shows. Watching them I remember a friend that married a Filipino girl. Afterwards he stated that he never knew their was such a cultural gap. I see it when I date women that were born in a different country. There's just some different things there. No physical differences. Well nothing I've noticed yet.

Anyway most countries don't glorify the violence that we do. So back to British action shows. Now I'm not a violent person by nature, but I have to admit every episode of whatever I'm watching, I'm saying this could all be prevented if someone had a gun. Hey some wacko is trying to kill you. A weapon would be nice. Aliens taking over the world. Hey again a weapon would be good. It reminds me of that old Robin Williams joke about British cops. Since they don't carry weapons the cry would be, "Stop! Or I'll say stop again!"

What I found interesting is that the only episodes that I see my suggestion used is when whoever comes to the US. Then their are guns and bullets galore. I guess we have a reputation.

Go check out this video at List of the Day. It's for all you parents out there that watch PIXAR movies with their kids. Or like me I just watch for myself.

1 people had cathartic therapy:

Love the Robin Williams joke. Sounds like me when I was dating. ;)

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails