Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

The Bank of Dating Me

I was thinking I could be a bank today, but then I realized I wasn't holding any money just a lot of IOUs. The amount of time tracking down and correcting insurance company mistakes is growing, however that happens when volume increases. With it generally known that chiropractors don't fight for their money it makes it harder. I fight for every freakin' cent, but they keep trying. The one thing I have come to realize is that patients won't pay you the money owed until they see you. So if they never see you again, you're never getting the money again. I'm always amazed when a good patient just walks on a $20-30 bill. I can't believe how many of these I have and all I can do is scratch my head. What brings all this up. Well I have bills and they're late, because I have all this outstanding money. The amount of money I would have to pay someone to get it for me isn't worth it.

The landlord leaves tomorrow for his 3 weeks trip. Enigma is living up to her name on what she's doing for food. I'll work something out with the landlord tonight for myself. Since it's just me I can survive.

I did read something interesting on dating this morning. The point of the article was that as a guy and you've lost your job don't stop dating because of it. My belief was that without a job money would be tight plus your image as a provider is not there. Not that I'm looking to be a provider anymore, but it's a image. However they pointed out that women are more self sustaining nowadays and that as long as you weren't being a bum it wouldn't be a problem unless she was a gold digger. So what's your opinion?

4 people had cathartic therapy:

I guess a job, per se, isn't a deal breaker. As long as the man isn't living at home or in his sister's (or brother's) basement. He should also be self-sufficient and able to take care of his business, so to speak.

A man with a mountain of debt and no way to eliminate it is highly undesirable. Also, if he chooses not to work, and has the means to do so, is he doing anything else to contribute to the world around him (volunteer work or community outreach of some sort) or is he stuck on his XBox 360 24/7?

Good luck collecting from those who don't feel obligated to take care of their business....

 

Lots of men are between jobs nowadays. I don't think it's a dealbreaker unless, as you say, he's a bum, which to me means that he sits around all day watching TV and isn't out trying to find work. Sadly, what happens in a lot of cases is that the man's self esteem goes down when he loses his job and then he becomes angry or bitter. Now that's the kind of man no one wants to date.

 

Personally, I need a guy to be motivated and ambitious.

And, having a job does not = motivation and ambition.

:o)

 

This economy right now? Well, I've met so many men that have recently LOST their job, it's amazing. To me, it's not a deal breaker. It's what they do after they lose the job. If they sit around in their underwear drinking a beer and eating chips, yeah I have an issue with that.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails