Danielle over at Mid Life Mommy was writing about doing therapy work. It's something I've been trying to do on my own for a while. I usually come from a negative perspective instead of a positive one. This rears its ugly head when I'm with people and everyone starts talking about their pasts. I can dredge up all the bad childhood stories, but a nice one is very difficult. So Danielle has dared me to come up with my list of 5 "good" memories since I've been slacking with it. So here it is in no particular order.
- When I was 4 we use to live right on a channel off the bay. We had a bulkhead on our property, but Mr. Miller next door had a beach which I use to slip through the fence to go on. I remember finding a nice sized white rock with a scallop shell stuck to it. When I pulled on the shell it came off revealing a fossil like imprint on it. I thought it was the coolest thing.
- During the big Spiderman craze of the 70's, every boy knew the hand position to shoot webbing. My friend Timmy and myself were eating bananas. I don't remember who came up with the idea of replacing the web with banana peels. They were flying all around the house. It was a grand old time. Who knew banana peels could be fun?
- I still remember the time I took an afternoon and taught myself how to ride a bike without training wheels. I knew I could ride without them. However take off was the problem zone and I remember going around in circles until I got it.
- I don't remember if it was 13 or 14, but my Mom had a surprise birthday party for me and invited all of my friends. There were some friends I hadn't seen in a while. I was really surprised and it was great to see everyone. I still have the picture of all of us standing together in my photo album. It's a good memory.
- I remember the first Christmas after I had gotten a paper route. I had my own money that year and I wanted to buy everyone presents with it. I remember being out buying the stuff, wrapping it, and then waiting. I didn't even care about my presents that year. I just wanted to see everyone elses reaction to what I had bought them.
Well that's my list, such as it is. How about you? Can you write a list of 5 "good" childhood stories?