Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

The Stashed Bottle

In recovery, alcoholics talk about having stashed bottles around. While they are not used, they are still around and a connection is still maintained. With the weekend temperatures being around 100 here I've stayed mostly indoors. My Battlestar Galactica holds came in and I've been enjoying them. The character Caprica 6 for some reason always reminds me of Kitcat. This has brought on a bit of melancholy feeling which has brought me to my phone. Kitcat's number and all my info on her is there. While I know it's over and I don't really want it anymore. It remains a connection. A whisper of a bitter sweet dream. So I made the decision to delete it and I have to admit it was hard. An admission that it's over deep inside of me. Let the healing begin.

I was supposed to have a date with a woman yesterday. A new one that I haven't blogged about yet. However her ex never picked up their son so the date never happened. All has been quiet today so I think that boat has sailed. One thing I have noticed is that in the world of online dating you run a gauntlet and any deviation ends it. Not really caring about it this time. I didn't think it would work, but I do like to keep my hand in the dating game.

The downstairs AC died yesterday. I 'm so happy the upstairs one died last year so it's running nicely. I live in my room with the bed and TV there. So all I need to use downstairs is the kitchen which can be rough cooking. Since half the house is cool I worry about my perceptions which were always subjected to abuse growing up and in my marriage. Destruction of your perceptions is the way to manipulate people. So even with checking the unit outside and seeing it not work I worry if I'm wrong. I left Tone a message about the problem and we'll see how it goes.

2 people had cathartic therapy:

I am baffled by the on-line dating "rules."

 

I delete numbers immediatly. Other wise I would contact them when I drink too much wine. Better to get the temptation removed!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails