Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

Photo Scavenger

I tell you I now remember why I don't go into malls. Crowded, busy malls make me anxious. I think it's sensory overload. I've been at networking events that have been so crowded it's like a nightclubs dance floor without a problem. Since dead malls don't bother me I think it's just everything all at once. I guess I'm getting old. Soon I'll be complaining that the kids are playing their music too loud. Anyhow I did my recon for the photo scavenger hunt and posted the event. Now we'll see if anyone comes. I broke the "to do" list into 3 sections. The first was just a list of items to find around the mall. Like a unhappy child, comedy DVD, mall application etc. all being worth 5 points each. The No Guts, No Glory section was that a team member needed to model the item. So I kicked it up a notch. Find a sales person named Mike or Lisa, propose on one knee to a stranger, wear 5 inch heels, etc. This section was worth 10 points each. The last section was the riddle section which was worth 15 points each. Now I'm going to share the riddle with you to tell me what you think. Too easy or hard. If you can think of anything else for specific mall stories or item around the mall I would appreciate it.
  • The day has been busy, I feel half-dead. I'm so grateful for my __________.
  • It's like seeing a picture of myself only backward.
  • Rhymes with coaster and makes a breakfast food.
  • What has water, wax, wind, wire, wood, wool and wisdom?
  • My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick, Fat, I am slow, Wind is my foe.
  • Runs, but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face.
  • Throughout history, there have been thousands of well-documented cases of horses jumping over towers and landing on clergy and small men, forcing their removal. What am I?"
  • Stiff is my spine and my body is pale, but I'm always ready to tell a tale
  • I am so simple that I only point; yet I guide men all over the world.

Game night was a success as usual. It does run itself. I might have to limit the amount more on the weekend addition. It gets too unwieldy with too many people. My older members haven't come to break off to a second table which is causing problems. There was only one potential woman their for me. She sat next to me, but I got 3 red flags from her over the night. People don't understand that I pick the games that we do for a reason. Someone pulled a dice game out last night and for a few minutes it was interesting, but the the table went quiet. When people have to open up about themselves in a friendly manner the talking and jokes fly. Scruples usually works best for this. Anyway this woman answered that she wouldn't have a date sleepover with teenagers at home which she has. She also admitted that she was too much of a goodie too shoes. The second was that she admitted to being very emotional. What I have found over the years is that people rarely overestimate how they are. The last was her scent which I think was hers. It wasn't BO so don't worry. Everyone has a personal scent. 80% just fit into the normal category. Another 10% it's like an aphrodisiac, and the last 10% is like pepper spray. I first experienced this with Diane a girl who use to sit next to me in high school. I tried to overcome this with Tech girl, but it's such a reflexive jerk back for me that it's a hurdle I can't jump. We flirted some of the night, but I let it drop at the end when she was pushing the conversation.

2 people had cathartic therapy:

Pepper spray? What does that mean?! I never heard of that. How does one give off a scent of pepper spray? Has our Mike been pepper sprayed running from the law?? LOL Seriously,if I were to ever meet you PLEASE be honest and let me knew if Pepper Spray comes to mind! You are too funny.

 

I think I got most of the riddles. Very fun. Not too easy, not too hard, but I might be bad at riddles, so who is to say? Fun part of the game though.

I love how you found your red flags through the game. Very insightful!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails