Going Sane in a Crazy World

My journey through life and the lessons I learn to help me grow spiritually.

Sane Friends

The Next Step

I got the call this morning that my Mom's breathing keeps stopping. Since I learned my lesson from last week she wasn't going to the hospital since they could do the same thing. However the suggestion was to put her on hospice care. This would bring in extra care to help keep her comfortable. The coordinator will be by today for me to sign the paperwork. I can tell all this is getting to my brother since he's joking a lot every time we talk which is how he deals with his stress. My SIL had informed me a while back that he was having a hard time with it. I find myself having a hard time with it too today. I've wanted her to go for a while now since her quality of life is poor, however she's been hanging in there. My belief hasn't changed, but I do feel the coming of the emotional loss of my Mom.

Whatever phone calls I did this morning will be it for today. Selling will not be for forte for the rest of the day. I can do the nuts and bolts of the job. However I have been finding my mind wandering a bit today with patients. So I've been taking time in between them to make calls to friends and journal. I have a problem with falling apart and its hard for me to do, but I can schedule these down times to try to process it all.

3 people had cathartic therapy:

Mike,
My Dad passed away a few months ago. When he began receiving the hospice care he lasted about six weeks. His quality was not good but he was a fighter and wanted to be here. I sat with him every morning and every night and he just loved to hold my hand and talk when he was strong enough. the last two months of his life gave me some of my very best memories. A lot of people could not understand that but I knew how much my Dad loved having me sit with him and sometimes we didn't even talk just looked out the windows but he loved that I was with him. I was actually holding his hands as he passed away to heaven and I will never forget that moment and the sense of peace that I felt and I truly felt God's presence in the room as well. I hope that you will have that with your Mom and I wish you all peace.

 

I'm sorry you have to go thru this. My prayers will be that your mom has no suffering and that you will be at peace.

 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My father and I had a very strained relationship. The day before he passed I called to say my goodbyes. He was very coherent, just weak. I told him how much I loved him and that he was my hero and I always felt loved and protected. Even though your mother may not be as coherent, say what you need to say because the peace will be settling for you during this difficult time.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails